Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
MIRROR is a fit-tech startup founded by Brynn Putnam, an established leader in the NYC boutique fitness space. Our experienced team is building a hybrid hardware/software product that will bring revolutionary, personalized fitness content directly to homes across the country and world. We’re creating a workout experience that’s not only better than existing at-home solutions, but better than boutique studio workouts. Our technology offers improved efficiency, engagement, and effectiveness, which means more time, more fun, and better results for busy people everywhere.
MIRROR HQ is located in Manhattan’s NoMad area. We currently have top tier venture backers who are passionate about the product we’re launching this year and even more excited about our long-term vision for the company. We’re an inclusive space for all identities and are committed to keeping that foundation intact as we grow. We believe in high standards beginning at the interview process and continuing as a valued member of the team. If you can’t wait to get behind our mission, we want to hear more from you!
The Role & You
We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer who’s excited to work closely with a growing, nimble engineering team to really impact the technical direction of the company. Your contribution makes it possible for us to revolution at-home fitness. At Mirror, you will:
- Design and build Mirror’s technology from the ground up.
- Make decisions on the tech stack, libraries, and tools alongside the growing Engineering team.
- Create standards and reusable components that will help us scale faster, more efficiently.
- Ensure cross-browser/cross-device compatibility and responsiveness because it doesn’t make sense otherwise.
- Keep current on emerging technology and trends, considering potential applications at Ollie.
- Work primarily developing our ecommerce system while also contributing to the general backend
You don’t need to be a fitness buff, but you should be fired up about building technology that's going to change how people sweat! Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
- Previous experience working with Ruby and Python (or a similar language) in a production environment.
- Tech knowledge that spans the following languages, technologies, and frameworks:
- OOP and Design Patterns
- Rails, Django, Flask, etcetera
- JS framework like React or Angular
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar database
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix (most of us use macs).
- Building/integrating ecommerce platforms
- Extensive experience working with APIs.
- Tons of startup energy. We can’t do this unless you’re excited to bring your domain expertise to Mirror.
- Comp Sci degree or related degree. We also love reputable bootcamp graduates!
- Slicing and translating PSDs.
- Building web, mobile and responsive user-interfaces.
- A CSS preprocessor such as Stylus, SASS, or LESS
- React and React Native
- Building tools including npm, webpack, browserify, gulp, or grunt
- AWS, Digital Ocean, or similar cloud platform
- Ansible, Packer, Docker, or other DevOps tools
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at MIRROR and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, and a 401(k).