Senior Android Engineer
MIRROR is a fit-tech startup founded by Brynn Putnam, an established leader in the NYC boutique fitness space. Our team of experienced engineers are building a hybrid hardware/software product that will bring revolutionary, personalized fitness content directly to homes across the country and world. We’re creating a workout experience that’s not only better than existing at-home solutions, but better than boutique studio workouts. Our technology offers improved efficiency, engagement, and effectiveness, which means more time, more fun, and better results for busy people everywhere.
MIRROR's HQ is located in Manhattan’s iconic NoMad District. We currently have top tier venture backers who are passionate about the product we’re launching this year and even more excited about our long-term vision for the company. We’re an inclusive space for all identities and are committed to keeping that foundation intact as we grow. We believe in high standards beginning at the interview process and continuing as a valued member of the team. If you can’t wait to get behind our mission, we want to hear more from you!
The Role & You
We're looking for a Senior Android Engineer who wants to push mobile technologies to the limits and do it in an early stage startup environment. At Mirror, you will:
- Implement and maintain features of our embedded Android applications
- Interface with system services on our custom platform
- Devise clever solutions to real world IoT problems
- Lead development of critical projects
You don’t need to be a fitness buff, but you should be fired up about building technology that's going to change how people sweat! Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
- Senior level expertise in building Android applications and services
- Have worked on at least one original published Android app
- Background working with Bluetooth and WiFi API’s on Android
- Experience with IPC (Parcelables/Binder) on android systems
- Knowledge of version control (we use git).
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Self-starter mentality and collaborative product development approach
- Experience interfacing with web backends via REST APIs
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working on embedded hardware
- Experience customizing the android framework and implementing system services
- Experience with WebRTC and/or Video Streaming on Android
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at MIRROR and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, and 401k.